posted on November 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm

oh alabama can i see you and shake your hand

today i skyped cain-o in birmingham

and guess what..?

in his hand he brandished the isidore cd

life somewhere else

its ready and soon he will be posting all good SKPers their copy

caino ever the perfectionist wants the SKP people to have the physical copy

on account of the lovely packaging and stuff

the album itself meanders wildly through different styles

theres some weird long noisy things

theres some short extremely poppy things

theres all the clever and brilliant stuff youd expect from us

sad and exciting and melodic and densely populated music

caino must have been on some strange trip to dream this music up

i have merely responded with all the semantic hyper priming carryon  i do

raw guitars battle it out with elaborate mellotron arrangements

a progression and digression from the first album

its quite a record …..you wait till you hear it

caino guarantees the SKPers will be the first people on earth to hear it

wow thats kinda cool aint it?

meanwhile today we sent out the egyptian  registers

and guess what i forgot to put someones little sk artwork in there

(luckily perry from florida got 2 !)

would that person missing theirs contact us when it doesnt arrive …?

i’ll sort you out properly

soon the time being shop will be up and running

remember of course SKPers get a 25 % discount on everything

and soon an SKP only area with some real rarities ……

anyway thats about it

see ya soon you ninnies!

sk

36 Responses to “izzy comin’…..”

1. avatar
    Michel | 4 November 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Transmigration…its melody often wakes me up at night.
    Or maybe it is the ghost of the previous Isidore (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isidore_Ducasse) ? I am living a few miles from the place he grew up (Bazet, south-west of France).
    Can’t wait to hear new music from your Isidore.

thetimebeing | 5 November 2011 at 5:57 pm #

ducasse of course was also known as lautremont

Michel | 5 November 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Sorry Steve, the exact name is Lautréamont

Lara | 6 November 2011 at 6:46 am #

Was hoping that Isidore of Seville was the prototype. Talk about SHP.

thetimebeing | 6 November 2011 at 10:23 am #

dear ms lara
          isidore is jeffreys name not mine
          i think hes imagining a cross between the 2 characters
          talk about SHP wait till you hear some of the toons on this record
          cainos got musical SHP
          and ive got my regular old SHP but its in spades as they say
          heres a few quotes to whet your appetite
          ” i really wanna coat ya in my satin sheen
          i really wanna manifest my black machine
          by the sacred river alph where my flaw perfects
          by the mouth of zeus and the zebras necks ”
          you know just yer usual pop stuff
          love on ya lara
          sk

Lara | 7 November 2011 at 10:09 am #

Already can’t wait. SHP squared = musical cubism? :)

2. avatar
    Shaun | 4 November 2011 at 7:03 pm #

Excellent

3. avatar
    colette | 4 November 2011 at 7:14 pm #

Sorry, what’s missing?

4. avatar
    BROKEN TOYS AND HEROS | 4 November 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Congrats on Isidore2 !!!

Will there b an digital MP3 version available on amazon soon? That, in this modern tech age we all dwell in is how I obtain all my music. Many love the packaging, I just need what’s inside

Again … super Congrats to you and Jeff. Its been 7 years since Isidore and I still listen yo it today as if it was freshly conceived.

Still not sleeping…

AsALways&tired,
    Darrin

Kraig | 5 November 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Damn Darrin…i’m really feelin’ for ya! I had the same issue in the past and still do sometimes…my cure is watching TV now or just watching TV and listening to my iPod with or without headphones…and falling asleep on the couch, sometimes anywhere for that matter..i know that sounds lazy or crazy, but i need white noise to fall asleep…pure quiet doesn’t help me, but makes me more anxious. Some say i need meds, but i disagree and hack it up to an “overactive mind” I guess. Maybe you’ve tried this already too, but who knows. Try sleeping in different rooms or area in your house, different method, even try the car, adjust the tempurature….who knows what might work for you? Love ya man, hope it works out for the best someday. Damn i wish we coud help in some small way!

BROKEN TOYS AND HEROS | 5 November 2011 at 10:31 pm #

Thanks KRAIG…and trust me, I have tried everything. My insomnia is linked to my extreme pain from cervical and lumbar disabilities and degeneration. I have made a cd of the most ‘soothing’ of SK’s vocals (church – collaboration – or solo). And use the cd as a lullaby and it is about the only non narcotic or otherwise, sleep-aid going. If and when I fall asleep, any slight movements which trigger pain fire my synapses and I awaken, sleepy study researchers were dumbfounded.

And regarding the process of obtaining my or all music digitally, I believe the more ready the product is available to all consumers in all formats, the quicker and steadier the flow of income for the artist, all artists. If Isidore2 was to be released, price of moderate importance, immediately on instant availability sites such as Amazon or I-Tunes, the revenue stream would be much more relevant and continuous. If you limit the products availability, you limit its importance. Sorry, that is my opinion and I was in upper management in retail music+video here in Chicago many many years ago.

Again…thanks Kraig- always love all your input.
        Darrin

5. avatar
    BROKEN TOYS AND HEROS | 4 November 2011 at 8:33 pm #

The only reason why I ask this is, when my original copy of Isidore was stolen from my truck (with many other Cd’s) it was great to just download the mp3 from amazon. The original Isidore is listed on amazon as a ‘digital download’ . And it is so gratifying to have music zipping thru the stratosphere within seconds onto my ole lap top.

Darrin

Kraig | 5 November 2011 at 8:21 pm #

I can totally relate…I once had all of my Tom Waits CD’s stolen and was a little bewildered when i let a friend of a friend stay at my apt one time many years ago, 1999-2000…i eventually collected back my collection in mp3’s a decade later…and also some physical copies. Took awhile. Amazon has that digital cloud and is cool too. Gotta love this day in age…instantaneous!

6. avatar
    aida morgan | 4 November 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Wonderful! Looking forward to hearing it!

7. avatar
    Kraig | 5 November 2011 at 2:29 am #

Ooooo the goodies have arrived! Your better than Santa, your the Meister of Music! Can’t wait for the isidore to arrive and the egyptian register. I just sent my monay last night. Hope you got it! This is exciting…i feel like a kid in a candy store! Your oh so generous Steve! Cheers, Kraig

8. avatar
    bc | 5 November 2011 at 4:00 am #

supercool…

some short extremely poppy things
    raw guitars battle it out with elaborate mellotron arrangements

9. avatar
    davem | 5 November 2011 at 4:18 am #

Isidore remains a favourite.
    I can’t wait to hear this!!
    Fab news on the shop too.
    x

10. avatar
    eekie | 5 November 2011 at 4:27 am #

Yay! I can hardly wait to hear Isidore. :-)

11. avatar
    catchup | 5 November 2011 at 5:05 am #

ninnie? I resemble that remark…looking forward to the skp store, http://www.shopskp.com…really like the first isidore cd, groovy bass..raw…imagine a kilbey bobblehead.

o

12. avatar
    Jmb066 | 5 November 2011 at 7:42 am #

Excellent News Steve,

Yes!!! the SKP’s get a hard copy and before everyone else. Steve you spoil us and yet we have just begun. Thank You Jeffery for thinking of us here at The Time Being site.

Looking forward to the Shop and special section, Steve I was browsing I-tunes after the announcment was made of The Church and some solo releases were added there and found another Blank and Jones song Only Your Love, excellent sir indeed. Do you see any benfit from I-tunes or Amazon with one offs like that? The reason I ask is I am hoping you will have a download section here so you get 100% vs whatever they take from the downloads. If not could you please let us know which sites with downloads pay you back the best I would appreciate it?

Picked up No Agenda and the GB3 single from I-Tunes as well, I really like those GB3 mixes of How Do You Glow and Damaged/Controlled, all here should seek them out. Rubber Records does have an actual CD single.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Hope all is well and I really like the effect you have been using on your photos lately.

Take Care,

Jason

13. avatar
    Jesiah6 | 5 November 2011 at 12:38 pm #

The first Isidore album is one of my favorites!
    I’ve been wanting to donate for awhile now, and I just did.
    Your music means a lot to me and I’m happy to support future creations.

14. avatar
    pat | 5 November 2011 at 4:04 pm #

another isidore album? this is great news.

15. avatar
    Crasher | 5 November 2011 at 5:58 pm #

call me a ninny you bondi bounder.
    first people on earth eh ?
    so the other planets get first dibs !
    bloody typical..uranus before us. we get the smelly seconds.
    will they understand it?
    will we be invaded by extraterrestrials ?
    does mars really need guitars ?

16. avatar
    Lara | 5 November 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Fantastic! Love the first one.

17. avatar
    Kraig | 5 November 2011 at 7:01 pm #

Steve…finally listend to “No Agenda” and other cuts off of the Hammock EP…freakin’ very smooth and cool mon! The music and your voice is oh so mature and soothing, smooth. Congrats on the legacy your leaving this World and especially to us fans! Prost!

. | 5 November 2011 at 8:28 pm #

i agree. it’s easy to drift away while listening to no agenda. a great addition to my musical collection.

18. avatar
    . | 5 November 2011 at 8:23 pm #

i let a good friend borrow isidore a few years ago
    he told me sanskirt had one of the tightest grooves he’d ever heard
    i couldn’t disagree

19. avatar
    Steven Krut | 6 November 2011 at 8:04 am #

I’m also very excited about Isidore 2. Isidore 1 never left heavy rotation in my listening habits. I was really just a Church fan before I heard Isidore 1. That album prompted me to start checking out your solo work. It’s been a rewarding experience. I hope the new album becomes a major success for you and Jeffrey. Have you seen this? Some kid does a cover of Refused On Temple St. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wrjGTNRNs8&feature=related

thetimebeing | 6 November 2011 at 10:14 am #

i think its amazing that some young kid is doing an izzy song
      least of all that one…there is hope!
      ps its a very fucking hard song to do live
      i tried and failed
      the kid gets further than i could!
      love on ya sk
      sk

BROKEN TOYS AND HEROS | 6 November 2011 at 11:31 am #

I would grab up ‘Painkiller’ as a great SK solo album. Steve really poors a lot of emotion into this cd. With Tim on percussion, I stand firmly behind Painkiller as my favorite Kilbey solo effort. As always, Steve makes the transition to solo artist effortlessly. I really wish that album got more exposure and marketing. Not only is the artwork famously crafted, I get a sense of some early Floyd deep in some of the songs.

Darrin K.

20. avatar
    Steven Krut | 6 November 2011 at 10:40 am #

I saw the comment you left for him. He’s going to be so thrilled.

21. avatar
    ASSMIDGET | 7 November 2011 at 8:16 am #

Alabama! not the foozball team, it’s my place of birth.

22. avatar
    hellbound heart | 7 November 2011 at 7:46 pm #

man, I better post some $$$$ in the next few days!!!!!

23. avatar
    Anonymous | 22 November 2011 at 5:46 pm #

ok call me a tard or whatever… where do all you people find izzy in digital or any other format? guess i don’t really know my way round this place… went to the projects menu, yes it’s listed there but no links to buy or download — only info…
    sorry, i get lost effortlessly in real life too…
    egyptian register arrived — the day before my birthday — so delightfully psychotropic made me forget about dinner

thetimebeing | 23 November 2011 at 8:49 am #

izzy first album hard to find
      izzy 2 album coming soon