Ah WA, remembering you.
I laughed my ass off Killa, if that's possible. Now I gotta stand up for the rest of the day, but it was worth it 😉Bf
freo de janiero babee!
Hope it's all going great, wish I was able to go over to see these shows … I'm hoping at least a couple of pals in the wild west will go see the Steve and Ricky show, otherwise I will beat them severely when I see them next
all the best SK
Oh wow! The two sets of twins playing in Free Mantle eh? Only wish I was in a position to obey the Killer's command and be there!
Hope the gig goes fantastically well for you both, however I would hate to think of it as your ‘last stand’. Have a great time; I'll be there in spirit. xx
tre cool, alien x
A great show at Friends Restaurant last night, Steve. Had a quick chat with Ricki after the gig. What a lovely gentleman he is!
Hope tonight at the Fly goes well and your 12-string stays in tune!
Thanks to everyone, who were kind enough to answer my question! 🙂
very timely being!i sure needed a laugh.
ah mornin' orpheus,
i'm pullin' an ee cummings, no caps today.
it's cold here in philadelphia today. gloriously cold. almost snow weather.but your song and dance warm the airand make me want to boo-gay
I wish i could come see it 🙁especially after reading Celticat’s glowing commentsIf only i had married a rich man…(sigh)
Killer, Part 1
To all Perth friendss and fanss – get there tonight or you will miss something special.
Yep. i'm repeating myself from my comments on Killers last blogge!!!!
I WAS THERE!!!!! In Busso.
Friendss and Killer and The Fambley let me tell you about the night and how it made my soul sing and soar.
1. Young bass player first gig looking cool as a cucumber and Steve asking him if he was nervous about playing first gig and then telling audience "I had to have a week off work after his first gig (not that I worked anyway)". The young fella showed no signs of nervousness (perhaps a touch of Stuart Sutcliffe Hamburg Beatles but with out a beard and blond). The way Steve spoke to him was gentle and lovely.
2. Cate and I saw an evening of Original Australian music kicking off with tall gentle and really good looking fella, much travelled playing a beautiful guitar he bought in Germany while playing a gig in a Berlin Guitar shop. I spoke with him at length before and after the show. His name is Rory Faithfield; his latest CD is "Songs for Sooner". His last song done with loops he looped live was fabulous and whilst not technically challenged impressed me a great deal. Apparently is done by loads of singer/songwriter/solo performers – check him out.
3. The second band, a 2 piece from South Australia – Acoustic blues/slide/stand up drummer were great to listen to.
4. Partner (I think) of second act singer walked the audience to get people of their asses and get up and dance for Killers show and whilst shy, late forties and clearly church obsessed in my MWP ripped jeans T dutifully obliged even when there was only 2 or 4 of us up there. I didn't care, I GOT IT, I had the opportunity of a lifetime to be up close and personal to a man I consider to be a musical legend (in my lunchbox). Singing words from old songs and trying to harmonise with the veteran lead singer of second act – He most definitely got what we were able to experience.
5. An odd couple came up on the dance floor, she introduced herself as not a cougar but was there to accompany her young nephew (I think) who had obviously lost his father and was there for his DAD to see Steve. Both stayed on the floor. The feelings that went through me in that moment were rapid and many having lost my fiancé to C a few years back and making think of how much I love my girlss and Cate.
6. WOLF – a must have live and on CD, MP3 DP4 or whatever format tickles your pinkies – BUT GO AND GET IT – you will not be sorry.
7. Killers band did rock and played some oldies newies and with a THE WHO bit slipped in I just thought wow how good are these guys I'm watching.
8. I've heard SK refer to Ricky as a gentleman several times and you know what – he is. Walks with the statue of a man who has music at the core of his soul. Met him briefly (albeit begging to get a photo with Steve) but felt a serene sense of calm (or something I can't label all around him).
9. Got SK's Bio signed "read it and weep", sorry SK can't – it' a great read. Those who haven't go get it, it is a must read.
10. Got to meet the man briefly and shook his hand introducing me to him by my Friendss Blogge name and he acknowledged me straight away. I understand why you shot through so quickly.
11. Up close I have never seen a more vital, healthy person – a walking talking advertisement for the values he promotes, yoga, vege, swimming in cold water exercise. His photos and self images do not do him justice. He is fabulous shape for a mid-fifties man, and if I looked as good as he does at 30, 40, 50 I would be well pleased.
12. Steve's energy on stage knocks most of the other performers I've seen into a box.
13. Steve’s voice, live, man the man CAN sing, not the lilting whisper some criticized his earlier recordings for (I didn't agree then either by the way), but Steve has a forcevoice to be reckoned with.
14. To the Bussopeople who came expecting to see the church and stood at the back all I can say is WTF?
15. To all the people in the south west that didn't go – your loss it was a great show of original Australian music topped off by a fabulous rocking pub band (forget that SK was there and all the hoo-ha that goes with that) is was a rocking performance by any standards.
16. Got so caught up in show and my feelings afterwards that I forget to ask to have my picture taken with him (sobs!).
15. Cate driving me home back to Bunbury in foggy haze of music bliss, contemplating on the young fella there for his dad and his cougar auntie, my family, and my beloved Cate.
My soul has been revitalised, fed and energised.
Thank you Steve for the night and all before.
If you miss the chance to see this man live solo or with The Church you are stark raving bonkers.
No apologies for my ramblings.
Sub But pressed for annual subs
To SK's fambley and all friendss, hi and much love.
my soul pilot flew by nightand is there in spirit for the last stand
ya belfrank…hilarious………ol eighteyes and the aerial mojo….heehwa!
lol have to say you are oh so cute kilbey 🙂
When Killer and Rickster get together it's like a younger version of Mick and Keef ! Talent and crazyness immersed together.
Is the light in WA different than over here in the East? It illuminates you from all angles. It is the kind of light that all creative souls need. Keep gently strumming and wallow in the glow of the magic light.
One tour down, one more to go! I'm counting down the dayz til Day5 of December….I'm sooooo excited!
Glad you had a great time in WA sk, that video said it all, hope to see more madcap adventures of TheTimeBeing :)))))) love Amanda
just wanted to stop in and say hello steve havent been here in awhile. Saw the car commercial. congrats! good luck on the tour! been on a church kick again as usual. Regards , Nick Fiction
killer show last night killer.
trippy, very trippy……att-it-ooooood, maaaan
Hope you're enjoying the beautiful Margaret River wines. Saw Jeff Duff do his Ziggy show last nite, guess where DY Rsl. What a great show, pity the Time Being doesn't play there and do a Steve Kilbey show. If it was crowded last nite, well it would surely be Packed to the Rafters. Oh well, ain't meant to be. Hope you're enjoying the gigs with Mr Ricky. Would love to see him play with you whilst he's in the land down under.
Peace & loveTherese
I love this one…
Hope the shows have gone well!x
ProvidenceDidn't Know Where I WasThe Neverness HoaxComedownAncient WorldLife's Little LuxuriesThought That I Was Over YouLowboyWolfeNothing InsideLimboDon't Look BackRambleBuffaloUnder The Milky WayThe Unguarded MomentLonely Stretch—————————————Invisible/Bye Bye Pride/Heroin
Forget the Dockers, Freo now have the Painter and Rockers. Thank u for this SK and thank you Celticat, Damien for reviews! Couldn't help wonder to myself, how many bystanders were thinking 'is that Steve Kilbey?!'
ps Frank, hope you found your rear end again 🙂
Funk It Up!
Someone was taping the saturday show. Hopefully there will be a dvd release. Killa was in fine fine form.
am listening to an australian artist named geoffrey gurrumul yunupingu-sings in his native tongue but i swear his voice would break your heart……
Thanks for the up-close-and-personal review, Celticat.
Thanks for lifting my spirits, Steve. Now I really can't wait until you get back to the States (Los Angeles, to be specific) so I can see you again…
You must be logged in to post a comment.
© 2016 The Time Being | Steve Kilbey. All Rights Reserved.